Louise Wood Angel House and the Lilah Smith Safe House
The Louise Wood Angel House in Odessa and the Lilah Smith Safe House in Fort Stockton are open 24/7, 365 days a year to ensure the safety of our residents. Both emergency shelters provide safe, comfortable and home-like environments for adult victims of family violence or sexual assault.
Children and youth are a top priority at The Crisis Center. Our dedicated staff create a safe and comfortable environment that focuses on the needs of each child so they can work through the trauma, develop coping skills and spend time having fun and being a kid again.
At the shelter clients will find:
- Individual/Group Counseling services for women, youth and children
- Career Development Program, including skills assessment and training, career planning financial assistance for education
- Advocacy, resources and referrals provided during individual appointments and weekly meetings
- Parenting education classes
- Courtyard garden and appropriate play areas
- Children’s Enrichment
- Program providing opportunities for afterschool education, field trips and special events
If you need emergency shelter, please call our hotline at 866-627-4747.